Spray foam is one of the most efficient insulation materials out there, providing an impressive R-value of up to R-6.5 per inch. Spray foam is considered environmentally friendly because you don’t need as much to achieve adequate R-values.
It’s also possible to find polyurethane spray foam made from soy or vegetable oil instead of petroleum, a characteristic that makes it even better for the environment.
What are the benefits of eco-friendly Insulation Benefits?
1- Insulation protects the environment.
Your decision to insulate your house with spray foam, besides keeping you warm and adding the necessary comfort to your place, it also helps mitigate climate change by reducing emissions. Here are the statistics:
- 50% to 70% of the energy used by your home is because of heating and cooling
- 12% of your carbon footprint is because of your use of electricity
- 15% of your carbon footprint is because of the use of oil, gas, and coal
If homes everywhere across the world were properly insulated, after just 10 years we would see a reduction of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere totaling more than 293.5 billion pounds. Statistics from a study conducted by the Harvard School of Public Health.
2- Insulation aids in reducing pollutants in your home.
If every family in Canada properly insulated their homes, there would be:
- 150,000 less sick days every year
- 210 less premature deaths every year
Read the rest of the article HERE